As the wedding season is winding down, I'm thinking about how much stress my brides have been under as they plan their weddings, especially in the last 2 weeks of their planning. But I have noticed a small segment of my brides that don't seem to stress as much and I figured out their secret, they have a wedding planner. I will tell you that weddings that we have photographed where a planner is taking care of everything is so much more fun and relaxing for the bride, groom, family and wedding party involved since they can just enjoy the day and know that everything will be perfect because they hired a professional to plan and coordinate all the little details of the day. We aren't saying you should not be involved and enjoy the process, but having someone that manages weddings every weekend would be such an amazing help to you. Most brides have never planned a wedding before and really won't ever plan one again, so why become an expert at planning one when there are amazing people out there that can take care of it for you and relieve you of so much stress and anxiety!
Since I am not a wedding planner, I asked a colleague who is to give me her top ten reasons someone should hire a wedding planner. So, my guest blogger today is Kerra Lynch and she is a wedding planner. Her website is http://www.adivineevent.co After you've read her top 10 reasons, please check her out as she is one of our favorite planners to work with!
Here are the top 10 reasons by Kerra:
10. Saves time – Planning wedding takes enormous amount of time. In fact, the average couple spends well over 200 hours planning their special day. A good wedding planner will save you time and energy by researching vendors, taking care of the many, many details, and coming up with various creative ideas to make your wedding amazing!
9. Saves money – Weddings can be extremely expensive. However, by hiring a wedding planner, couples can save a great deal of money. Because wedding planners provide so much business to vendors, they are often able to negotiate discounts for their clients. Wedding planners are also well-versed at helping couples set budgets and sticking to them.
8. Saves relationships – Weddings are very stressful. This stress often results in many arguments for couples as well as with family members and friends. Wedding planners have been there time and time again and know how to avoid such problems before they begin as well as act as a buffer when there are conflicts. Wedding planners are also able to take on the responsibilities often assigned to loved ones so that everyone is able to enjoy the wedding. Remember, you still want a relationship with your mother well after your wedding!
7. Ensures dreams are made realities – Most have been dreaming of their wedding day their entire life. Wedding planners work for the couple and ensure that all desires are met (and often surpassed)!
6. Offers advice – Wedding planners have planned countless weddings and know exactly what works and what doesn’t. They are also knowledgeable on wedding etiquette. Furthermore, wedding planners are able to recommend competent vendors, based on personal experience.
5. Acts as the “go to person” – The average wedding has at least 22 different vendors. Combine that with the entire wedding party and all of the guests and that is a lot of people with questions and concerns! By hiring a wedding planner, couples can simply tell others “talk to the wedding planner!”
4. Creates schedules – There are so many events leading up to the big day! Couple that with the many things that happen during the wedding and who can keep track? The wedding planner can! Wedding planners are well-versed at making detailed itineraries for all involved (including other vendors) and making sure that everything happens on time!
3. Handles crisis – Whether we like it or not, most big events involve crisis. Who really wants to deal on their wedding day with the bakery not delivering the cake on time or the flower girl throwing a tantrum? No one! Wedding planners know how to handle all unforeseen circumstances.
2. Orchestrates from rehearsal through the end of reception – Do you want to be responsible for organizing rehearsal or making sure the bridal party is properly lined up? How about making sure that the guest who had a little too much to drink departs safely? Wedding planners orchestrate from rehearsal through the end of the reception, ensuring everything goes off without a hitch!
1. Minimizes stress and maximizes fun! – Hiring a wedding planner ensures that you will have a worry-free and stress-free day, thus, allowing you to enjoy your day like your guests!
Thanks Kerra for contributing to our blog! Our favorite reason is #1, because if you are not worrying and stressing, we will have more time for picture taking and have more fun at it! Please let us know what you think.